Daytime Emergency Care
Contact Veterinary Healthcare Center
OPEN: Monday - Thursday: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
Friday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
Saturday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
Call: (323) 890-9000
After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact San Gabriel Valley Emergency Pet Clinic
OPEN: Wednesday - Thursday: 06:00 pm - 05:00 am
Friday: 06:00 pm - 12:00 am
Saturday - Sunday: 24 hours
Call: (626) 579-4550
Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is suddenly displaying symptoms that you are concerned about please contact our veterinary healthcare center, or for after-hours care please contact the hospital listed above.
Our skilled team at Veterinary Healthcare Center is able to offer veterinary care for pets in a variety of emergency situations. We care deeply for all animals and are here to provide care when it is most needed.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
During a veterinary emergency, you should follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead When Possible - If it is during regular business hours please contact our office. After hours, call the emergency animal hospital listed above to inform them that you are on your way and your estimated arrival time.
- Follow Instructions - While you are speaking with the veterinary staff they may provide you with instructions to help you apply first aid or to calm your pet while keeping them comfortable. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - It is important to remain calm while assisting your pet. If your pet is injured they may be panicking and could react negatively toward anyone attempting to help.
- Transport Your Pet - Once you have secured your pet please safely bring them to our veterinary clinic in Monterey Park or the after-hours emergency vet location above.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding emergency visits at Veterinary Healthcare Center.
- Should I call ahead?
Our team at Veterinary Healthcare Center can provide emergency and urgent veterinary care for pets during our regular business hours. We recommend calling ahead to ensure that we have the availability and resources to treat your pet.
If our veterinary team is unable to assist you then we will recommend you to the after-hours emergency hospital listed above.
- What are your emergency hours?
Our veterinary team sees emergency and urgent care cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Tuesday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Wednesday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Thursday: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Friday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Saturday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- When should I consider the situation an emergency?
Here are some of the situations in which your pet would require immediate medical attention:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- What are the typical emergency wait times?
Our Monterey Park veterinary healthcare center operates just like any other medical clinic and as such, you may need to wait a short while to have your pet seen by the veterinarians.
As the situation within the facility changes frequently we highly recommend calling ahead to know what to expect when you arrive.
If our team is unable to treat your pet we will refer you to the emergency pet hospital listed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
If one of our daytime patients requires overnight care at our healthcare center we will ensure that they receive the highest quality care.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarian team is well-equipped and experienced to manage veterinary emergencies.
New Patients Welcome
Veterinary Healthcare Center is accepting new patients! Our experienced vets are passionate about the health of Monterey Park companion animals. Get in touch today to book your pet's first appointment.