(Last Updated 06/17/2020)
- in-person, phone, facsimile, email, text and other mobile and electronic communications between you and us;
- third-party websites like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, etc.; for which we may maintain accounts or otherwise have interactions with you; and
Information PetVet Collects
We may collect several types of personally identifiable data and information from patients, customers and visitors to our Hospitals and Sites, including the following:
- Contact and demographic information such as your name, ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, social security number, residential or office address, telephone number, email address, and other contact information.
- Computer hardware and software and network data and information obtained during your visit to our Sites, including your IP address, browser, domain names, operating system, device type, location data, traffic data, browsing actions, access times, usage details, websites and cookies.
- Information relating to your commercial or patient relationship with us, including veterinary business and/or practice information, service or goods purchase history, billing and shipping information, records and correspondences between us and you, credit or debit card, bank, PayPal, Venmo accounts or other payment options and other information with respect to goods or services procured by you from us.
- Information relating to your user names, password and other access credentials and any internet content you post or submit to us such as comments or photos posted to blogs, message boards, social networking platforms or other interactive forums.
Note that PetVet does not consider personal information to include any information relating to your pet, including species, breed, birthday, or treatment or visitation history.
How PetVet Collects Information
We may collect data and information about you from various sources and in a number of manners, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it;
- Automatically as you use and visit our Sites;
- From our affiliated companies and/or Hospitals; and
- From third party sources.
PetVet Does Not Sell Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any purpose.
Use of Your Information by PetVet
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for numerous purposes, including:
- To present our Sites and their contents to you for your use based on your interests and preferences and prior activities and transactions with us and other information.
- To notify or update you about our goods or services that you have purchased or requested or that we offer and to respond or fulfill your inquiries and requests with respect to such goods and services.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our Sites and to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
- To fulfill any other legitimate business purposes in connection with our operations, including legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To comply with any laws, regulations, subpoenas court orders or other legal processes, including any government or regulatory inquiries or requests.
- With our subsidiaries, affiliates, business partners, vendors, or other agents.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information.
- At your direction or request or with your consent.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To enforce our terms of service for the Sites or take other actions as appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of our Company, our employees, users of the Sites, or others.
- In connection with the evaluation, financing, and/or consummation of any merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our affiliates’ equity or assets to a third party.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
Visitors to Our Sites From Outside the United States
Not Intended for Minors
Our Sites are not intended for minors (i.e., persons under 13 years of age) and we do not knowingly collect or store personal information from minors. However, we cannot prohibit minors from visiting the Sites and rely on parents and guardians of such minors to decide what content on our Sites (if any) is appropriate for such minors to consume. Once we are informed of the use of our Sites and/or collection of personal information of any minor, we will delete all personal information provided by any minor user to the extent that we are legally and reasonably able to do.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our sites may contain links to third party websites not maintained or operated by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party websites and encourage you to review the privacy policies of such websites in connection with your use and visit thereof.
We may use automatic data collection and tracking technologies, such as cookies and similar technologies, to recognize you when you visit our Sites and support your use of certain functions of our Sites and to present tailored content, including advertisements or promotions on our Sites.
Opt-Out From Email or Text Communications
Regardless of whether you have previously opted in, in the event you no longer wish to have your personal contact information, including e-mail and phone number, used by us to inform you of, or promote, our own, our affiliates, or third parties’ goods or services, send us an email stating your request to email@example.com, include “Opt-Out” in the subject box and include your name and email address in the text box or opt out of receiving particular text messaging communications from us by texting the word STOP in response to any text message received.
We do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and do not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information.
Visitors From California
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides our customers, patients and visitors of our Sites who are California residents with additional specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to elect to exercise those rights subject to certain exceptions as permitted by law.
Right to Know and Access
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information in the twelve (12) months preceding your request. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request for such information to be disclosed, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for personal information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom your personal information is shared;
- The specific details of personal information we collected about you (and provide you with a copy of such personal information if requested); and
- The categories of personal information that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Portability
You have the right to take any personal information that we have collected from you or otherwise have been provided with and move it to another third party. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request for such information to be portable, we will choose a format to provide your personal information to you in order to permit you to readily transmit the information from us to another third party, for example, by electronic mail.
Right to Be Forgotten and Deletion
You have the right to be forgotten by us and to request the deletion of any of your personal information that we have collected from you or otherwise been provided with. Please understand that California law permits us to retain certain information and not to delete it under certain circumstances. By way of example, we are not required to comply with a request to delete information if the information is necessary for us to complete a transaction for you or otherwise perform a contract; to detect, protect against, or prosecute security incidents, fraud or illegal activity; to use the information only internally in ways reasonably aligned with your expectations as our customer (such as maintaining sales records), and to comply with legal obligations. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete, and direct our vendors holding any of your personal information on our behalf to delete, your personal information, unless an exception applies that requires us to deny your deletion request.
Right to Opt Out of Sale of Personal Information
How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
In order to make a request for disclosure, California residents may contact us toll-free by calling 800-936-2028, or by sending us an electronic mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the PetVet CCPA consumer rights request form by clicking the link here. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected personal information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. Note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State authorized to act as a representative on your behalf, may submit a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information and the exercise of your CCPA rights outlined herein.
You are permitted to only make a verifiable consumer request related to your CCPA rights only twice within any twelve (12)-month period. Any verifiable consumer request must include the below, otherwise we will not be able to respond to your request:
- Adequate information for us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or are an authorized representative; and
- Adequate detail with respect to which specific rights you are exercising that allows us to properly consider and respond to such request.
Using an Authorized Agent. You may submit a request through someone holding a formal Power of Attorney. Otherwise, you may submit a request using an authorized agent only if (1) the person is registered with the Secretary of State to do business in California, (2) you provide the authorized agent with signed written permission to make a request, (3) you verify directly with us that you have authorized the person to make the request on your behalf, (4) you verify your own identity directly with us, and (5) your agent provides us with proof that they are so authorized to make requests on your behalf.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 days and will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt; however, if we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our response by mail or electronically, and such response will explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. Please be aware that any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12)-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt.
We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights.
New Patients Welcome
Veterinary Healthcare Center is accepting new patients! Our experienced vets are passionate about the health of Monterey Park companion animals. Get in touch today to book your pet's first appointment.